CoolSculpting® Frequently Asked Questions & White Papers
QUESTION: Am I a good candidate?
- ANSWER: Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. The CoolSculpting fat reduction procedure is specifically designed for those who have unwanted fat that resists diet and exercise. Unlike gastric bypass surgery, the CoolSculpting procedure is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese. It is, however a non-surgical alternative to liposuction. Request a one-on-one consultation with us to determine if the CoolSculpting procedure is right for you.
QUESTION: How much does the CoolSculpting procedure cost?
- ANSWER: The price for CoolSculpting procedures varies depending on your areas of concern, the number of sessions needed, and your ultimate goals. We will help create a customized treatment plan, in person, that’s tailored to your body, your goals, and your budget.
QUESTION: How long is each session? How many sessions will I need?
- ANSWER: We will help you create an individualized treatment plan tailored to your specific goals. The length of your CoolSculpting session will vary depending on the number of areas being treated during one visit. We may schedule additional sessions in order to meet your goals. Generally one session runs 35 minutes. With Dual CoolSculpting, two areas can be treated at once speeding up the total time necessary to complete desired results.
QUESTION: What is the cancellation policy for CoolSculpting?
- Consultations and follow up appointments are free of charge. To schedule a treatment, 25% down is required and payment must be made in full by the day of service. In the unlikely event of a cancellation, the downpayment would be forfeited unless the appointment was rescheduled within 60 days from the original appointment. Platinum Sculpt also offers patient financing.
QUESTION: Where does the fat go? Are the results permanent?
- ANSWER: Once the treated fat cells are crystallized (frozen), your body processes the fat and eliminates these dead cells. Once the treated fat cells are gone, they’re gone for good.
QUESTION: What does it feel like?
- ANSWER: As the cooling begins during the first few minutes, you will feel pressure and intense cold. This soon dissipates. Many people read, watch videos, work on their laptop, or even take a nap during their treatment.
QUESTION: Is the CoolSculpting procedure safe?
- ANSWER: The CoolSculpting procedure is FDA-cleared for the flank (love handles), abdomen, and thigh. With over one million CoolSculpting treatments performed worldwide, it is proven to be a safe and effective treatment for non-surgical fat reduction.
QUESTION: Are there any side effects?
- ANSWER: During the procedure you may experience deep pulling, tugging, pinching, numbness or discomfort. Following the procedure, typical side effects include temporary numbness, redness, swelling, bruising, firmness, tingling, stinging and pain. Rare side effects may also occur. The CoolSculpting procedure is not for everyone. You should not have the CoolSculpting procedure if you suffer from cryoglobulinemia or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria. The CoolSculpting procedure is not a treatment for obesity. As with any medical procedure, ask us if the CoolSculpting procedure is right for you.
QUESTION: Can I return to normal activities after my treatment?
- ANSWER: Yes, you can. The CoolSculpting procedure is completely non-surgical, so typically you can return to normal activities immediately. Often times, patients return to work after their CoolSculpting session is over.
QUESTION: When will I see results?
- ANSWER: You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.
QUESTION: Do I need to take special supplements or follow a strict diet and exercise program?
- ANSWER: No supplements or pills are required and you do not have to adopt new diet and exercise habits. Many patients feel more motivated to take care of themselves after their CoolSculpting treatment. It is as if they get a second lease on their body and want to start anew again by taking even better care of themselves.
QUESTION: What happens if I gain weight down the road?
- ANSWER: Many people, after seeing the results from their CoolSculpting procedure, take even better care of themselves. However, if you do gain weight, you may gain it evenly all over your body, not just in the treated areas.1
1. Data on file. ZELTIQ Aesthetics, Inc.
CoolSculpting® White Papers/Supporting Research
- Krueger N, Mai SV, Luebberding S, Sadick NS (26 June 2014). "Cryolipolysis for noninvasive body contouring: clinical efficacy and patient satisfaction.". Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 7: 201–5. PMC 4079633.PMID 25061326. doi:10.2147/CCID.S44371.
- Ingargiola, MJ.; Motakef, S.; Chung, MT.; Vasconez, HC.; Sasaki, GH. (June 2015)."Cryolipolysis for fat reduction and body contouring: safety and efficacy of current treatment paradigms". Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 135 (6): 1581–90. PMC 4444424. PMID 26017594. doi:10.1097/PRS.0000000000001236.
- Derrick, CD; Shridharani, SM; Broyles, JM (June 2015). "The Safety and Efficacy of Cryolipolysis: A Systematic Review of Available Literature.". Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 35: 830–6. PMID 26038367. doi:10.1093/asj/sjv039.
- Nelson, AA; Wasserman, D; Avram, MM (2009). "Cryolipolysis for reduction of excess adipose tissue". Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery. 28 (4): 244–9. PMID 20123423. doi:10.1016/j.sder.2009.11.004.
- Coleman, SR; Sachdeva, K; Egbert, BM; Preciado, J; et al. (2009). "Clinical efficacy of noninvasive cryolipolysis and its effects on peripheral nerves" (PDF). Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. 33 (4): 482–8. PMID 19296153. doi:10.1007/s00266-008-9286-8.
- Avram, MM; Harry, RS (2009). "Cryolipolysis for subcutaneous fat layer reduction". Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. 41 (10): 703–8. PMID 20014262. doi:10.1002/lsm.20864.
- Meyer, Patricia Froes et al. (2016). "Effects of Cryolipolysis on Abdominal Adiposity". Case Reports in Dermatological Medicine. doi:10.1155/2016/6052194.
- Manstein, D; Laubach, H; Watanabe, K; Farinelli, W; et al. (2008). "Selective cryolysis: A novel method of non-invasive fat removal". Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. 40 (9): 595–604. PMID 18951424. doi:10.1002/lsm.20719.
- Zelickson, B; Egbert, BM; Preciado, J; Allison, J; et al. (2009). "Cryolipolysis for noninvasive fat cell destruction: Initial results from a pig model". Dermatologic Surgery. 35 (10): 1462–70. PMID 19614940. doi:10.1111/j.1524-4725.2009.01259.x.
Come See Us.
Why wait? Schedule today.
In the U.S., the CoolSculpting procedure is FDA-cleared for the treatment of visible fat bulges in the submental area, thigh, abdomen and flank, along with bra fat, back fat, underneath the buttocks (also known as banana roll), and upper arm. ZELTIQ, CoolSculpting, the CoolSculpting logo, and the Snowflake design are registered trademarks of ZELTIQ Aesthetics, Inc. © 2017. All rights reserved. CoolSculpting is the treatment doctors use most for non-invasive fat removal.